See our recipe for homemade tortillas.
- 1/4 green cabbage, shredded
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup roasted and salted blanched peanuts
- 1 celery stalk, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup aioli
- 1 cup self raising flour
- sea salt
- 1 cup cold lager
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- oil for frying
- 600g white fish fillets eg snapper, blue cod, chopped into rough chunks
- 8 tortillas (less if large)
- 1-2 lemons, cut into wedges
Combine cabbage, carrot, onion, parsley, peanuts and celery in a bowl and mix in aioli. Set aside.
Place flour and salt in a bowl and make a well in the centre. Pour in the beer and a spoonful of mustard, whisk until batter is smooth.
Heat enough oil in a frying pan to shallow fry fish. When oil is hot dip fish into batter and then pan fry in batches until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels.
Warm tortillas and top with coleslaw, fish and wedges of lemon.