This salad is based on a recipe from Ripe, A Fresh Batch.
I love almonds in mine and also the addition of finely chopped bacon.
- 1 cup almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 head broccoli chopped into small florets and use some of the stems as well
- 4 slices bacon, cooked until crisp and finely chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- juice and finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup quality mayonnaise, either homemade or a brand you prefer
Finely chop the almonds and then combine in a bowl with the broccoli, bacon and red onion. Combine the lemon juice and zest with the mayonnaise and pour over the salad, toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper prior to serving.