- 150g Rangitikei chicken breast fillet, skin off
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- pinch dried chilli flakes
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, shredded (optional)
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 15 baby lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup coconut thread, lightly toasted
Place the chicken in a small saucepan along with the coconut cream, fish sauce, garlic, chilli flakes, kaffir lime leaf and 1/4 cup cold water.
Gently simmer until the chicken is cooked. Allow to cool in the coconut cream and then shred the chicken and reserve the liquid.
Roughly chop the basil, mint and coriander, leaving some small leaves intact for garnish.
Combine the chicken, herbs, red onion and peanuts together in a bowl. Drizzle over 1/2 cup of the cooled coconut cream and add the lime juice. Toss to combine. Taste and season with a little salt if needed.
Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter and top with chicken mixture.
Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve.