- 1 Tegel Smoked Whole Chicken 1.1kg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 500g floury potatoes, chopped into 1.5cm pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup milk
- 125ml sour cream
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- extra chopped parsley to serve
1. Remove from the flesh from the chicken, discard skin and bones. Chop the meat into small pieces and refrigerate until needed.
2. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a low heat and gently cook celery, onion and garlic until tender. Add the flour cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, salt and pepper, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the potatoes, corn and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, stirring at times and then simmer for 20 minutes. Add the smoked chicken when the potatoes are just about tender.
4. Add parsley, milk and sour cream and heat through but do not boil.
Sprinkle over extra chopped parsley to serve.