Full of delicious flavours and very simple to make.
Serve with a green salad or steamed greens.
- 1 x size 16 Rangitikei free range chicken, chopped into portions
- 2 red onions, choped into quarters
- 2 kumara, scrubbed and chopped into chunks approximately 4cm
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup parsley and mint leaves
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Arrange the chicken in a roasting dish and nestle the onions and kumara in between the chicken pieces. Drizzle with combined olive oil, garlic, cinnamon, paprika and salt. Move the vegetables to distribute the oil and then sprinkle with thyme leaves.
Bake for 50 minutes until the chicken is golden and cooked. Turn the vegetables at times during cooking. Add the walnuts to the pan for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Five minutes before taking the pan out of the oven drizzle with pomegranate molasses.
Serve sprinkled with lemon zest, parsley and mint leaves.