- 200g Regal Wood Roasted Natural, flaked
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds, roasted
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, roasted
- 1-2 small dried chillies (optional)
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemon grass
- 70g ground almonds
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup soy bean oil
- Using a large knife or food processor finely chop the coriander seeds, cumin seeds, chillies, shallots, garlic, ginger and lemon grass.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the spice mix, flaked Regal Wood Roasted Salmon and ground almonds. Leave to marinate for 3-4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
- Just before you are ready to serve the fishcake, season to taste, add the egg whites and lime juice and combine well.Heat oil in a wok or deep frying pan. Fry a teaspoonful of the mixture to taste and if necessary add more salt or light soy sauce.
- Using wet hands form the mixture into small balls. Shallow fry them for about 2 minutes one side. Turn them over and fry for 2 more minutes.
Serve with satay sauce