- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped into small pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- pinch of dried chilli flakes
- 125g chorizo, sliced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 400g can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 600g white fish fillets, chopped into 6cm chunks
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
Heat the oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the onion, capsicum and garlic for about 10 minutes until the onion softens. Add the smoked paprika, chilli and chorizo and cook a further few minutes.
Increase the heat and pour in the white wine, allowing it to bubble and reduce before adding the tomatoes. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 15 minutes, season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the cannelini beans, parsley and fish. Simmer just until the fish is cooked through, stirring gently, taking care not to break up the fish pieces.
Serve sprinkled with coriander leaves.
* Adding a little sugar with the tomatoes can help balance out the acidity.