This salad is healthy and tastes amazing. It is perfect as a stand alone meal or serve it with crusty bread if you like.
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends snapped off
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16-20 large prawns
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 2-3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 avocado, chopped
- 1/2 cup almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Cook the quinoa according to the packet instructions.
While the quinoa is cooking, bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the asparagus for 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
At the same time heat a frying pan over a medium – high heat and quickly cook the prawns until pink. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and set aside.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and season with a little salt and pepper.
Place the quinoa in a large serving bowl, roughly chop the asparagus and toss through the quinoa along with the spinach,spring onion, prawns and avocado.
Drizzle with dressing and toss again.
Sprinkle with chopped almonds and serve.