LizaThese recipe quantities can be doubled or tripled very easily and it freezes well. Freeze the soup without adding the milk. Write a note on the lid to remind yourself to add it before serving
- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and cut into chunks (Crown Prince are the best)
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons chicken stock powder
- 2 teaspoons green herb stock powder
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 4 cups water
Bring all ingredients to the boil in a big saucepan. Cook until the vegetables are tender, (15-20 mins – depending on size of pumpkin chunks). Puree in batches until smooth. When serving, dilute the thick soup with milk and season to taste.
The recipe above has been supplied by a member of the public and has not been individually tested by Helen Jackson. Helen Jackson does not accept any liability in relation to publication of this recipe.