This recipe was given to me from Jo Williams of Madame JoJos in Auckland.
It is healthy and absolutely delicious. Eat on its own or as a side salad.
I often leave out the rice/grains and serve it as a salad alongside slow cooked roast lamb with roasted kumara.
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 red capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1 cup cooked quinoa or pearl barley or brown rice or kamut
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- juice and finely grated rind of 1/2 orange
- 3 tablespoons tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Combine pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and cumin seeds and lightly toast in a frying pan over a medium heat, stirring continuously.
Combine seeds with cabbage, capsicum, carrot, onion, beetroot and quinoa. Combine mint, pomegranate molasses, orange rind and juic, olive oil and salt and freshly ground black pepper. Drizzle over salad and serve.