- 500 g vegetables of choice, carrots, onions, eggplant, kumara, pumpkin, capsicum etc.
- 1 x 300 g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup instant couscous
- 150 ml stock, either vegetable or chicken
- 100 g pine nuts, lightly toasted to garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sweet paprika
- handful of chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley and coriander to garnish
Preheat oven to 200 deg C.
Chop the vegetables into even sized pieces, put into a roasted dish and spray or drizzle with olive oil, season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper. Place into the oven and roast until tender, which will depend on the type and size of your vegetables.
Meanwhile, put the couscous into a bowl and heat the stock, pour over the couscous cover and let absorb for 10-15 minutes. Fluff with a fork to separate the