- 250g tub buttom mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 6 slices streaky bacon
- 2 slices Two Hands Mixed Grain and Pumpkin Seed Bread
Lightly wash any dirt off the mushroom and slice into .5cm thick slices. Toss mushrooms in a bowl with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and cook mushrooms until starting to colour. Add thyme and garlic to the pan and continue to cook, making sure the garlic doesn't burn. Once mushrooms are cooked remove the pan from the heat and pour over the balsamic vinegar.
Meanwhile. grill or pan fry bacon until cooked to your liking. Toast the bread until golden and serve mushrooms, bacon and toast with a knob of butter if you like.