- 1 1/2 sheets (260g) frozen butter puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, sliced into rings
- 300g spinach, washed and tough stems discarded
- 1 x Tegel Manuka Smoked Chicken Breast 300g
- 150g feta, crumbled
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 egg yolk, lightly mixed
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Place pastry on a single layer on the bench to thaw.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook onion rings for a few minutes, set aside and then add spinach to the pan and cook until completely wilted. Allow to cool enough to handle and then squeeze out excess moisture.
3. Place pastry end to end on a large tray allowing a 1-2 cm overlap where the 2 pieces meet and press to seal. Fold edges in making a 1cm border around the outside of the pastry.
4. Cover the pastry with onion and then spinach keeping the border free of topping.
5. Thinly slice chicken breast and place in overlapping pieces on the spinach.
6. Sprinkle with feta, parmesan and top with pine nuts.
7. Brush pastry edges with egg yolk and then bake for 15 minutes until puffed and golden.