- 1 x Tegel Original smokehouse chicken breast (300g)
- 25g butter
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock (hot)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 bunches English spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- finely grated rind of 1 small lemon
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, lightly toasted (optional)
- Grated Parmesan cheese to serve
This risotto cooks in the oven leaving you to do other things, however if you prefer to cook on the stove top in the traditional manner then of course do so.
1. Remove the skin from the chicken and shred into bite sized pieces. Refrigerate until needed.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
3. Melt the butter with the oil in a heat proof casserole dish and gently cook the onion and garlic until tender.
3. Add the rice and stir to coat the grains with the butter mixture.
4. Add the wine and allow to bubble and reduce before adding the chicken stock.
5. Cover the dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the rice is just tender.
6. Add the spinach, parmesan cheese, lemon rind, pine nuts and chicken to the pan. Stir gently to combine, season to taste and then cover and leave to sit for 5 minutes before serving with extra grated parmesan cheese.