Edamame make a fresh and delicious variance to regular chickpea hummus.
This is quick and easy to make with frozen edamame beans, just thaw them first.
- 1 1/2 cups shelled edamame beans (thawed)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Rinse the edamame beans and drain well. If still frozen then place in bowl and pour over boiling water. Leave to sit for a few minutes and then drain well.
Place the beans, garlic, tahini, lemon juice, cumin and sea salt into the bowl of a food processor and mix to an almost smooth paste. Add a little extra water if the mixture is too thick.
Spoon into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika to serve.