Quick and easy to make with delicious flavours of basil, Parmesan and garlic combined with fabulous NZ lamb,
- 12 Quality Mark lamb cutlets, well trimmed
- Quinoa Crust
- ¾ cup cooked white quinoa
- ¾ cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- ½ tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder or lemon seasoning
- Milk, to moisten
- Basil Pesto
- 1 cup well-packed basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat the grill until hot.
Place basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts and oil in a small food processor and process to a rough paste. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and then stir through the Parmesan cheese. Place in a small bowl, cover well and refrigerate.
Place all ingredients except milk in a bowl and mix. Pour in enough milk to just moisten. Press crust on to one side of each lamb cutlet, place on an oiled grilling tray, crust side down. Place under hot grill for 2 minutes. Remove from grill, turn cutlets over, drizzle with a dash of oil and return to the grill for a further 3-4 minutes.
Serve lamb cutlets with basil pesto and a fresh summer salad or barbecued summer vegetables.