Makes 9 pasties.
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 100g swede, peeled and diced
- 100g carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450g round steak, cut into small chunks
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 900g short pastry
- beaten egg to glaze
Preheat oven to 200 C. Mix potatoes, onions, swede, carrots, garlic and steak together in a bowl. Roll pastry out to 15cm rounds and divide filling between each, sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper and dot with butter. Pull up both sides of the pastry to make half moon shape. Press the edges together and using your finger and thumb crimp to seal. Brush with beaten egg and bake for 45 minutes or until pastry bottoms are golden and crispy.