This is really easy and tastes good. I’ve served it at a dinner party and received compliments. Serve on top of pork chops with fried sliced apple.
- 30 g butter
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar (increase to 2 if you like it sweet)
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock (liquid not powdered)
Melt butter in a saucepan and cook onions and garlic until golden. Add vinegar and sugar and cook over a low heat stirring until caramelised. Add chilli sauce and stock.