Brunch, lunch or an easy dinner. This tray bake is full of flavour and texture, it is also good for you. :)
The vegetables can suit you preference an also what you have on hand, eggplant, courgette, potatoes, cauliflower etc… would all be good.
If no harissa then try adding some pesto, or some spices. A Moroccan spice blend would be great as too would sumac or smoked paprika.
- 2 carrots, cut into rough chunks
- 1 red onion, sliced lengthways
- 1 kumara, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 350g pumpkin, seeds removed, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 red capsicum, cut into chunks
- a handful of green beans, topped and tailed
- a handful of buton mushrooms
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons harissa sauce
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 4-5 eggs
- a handful of chopped parsley
Preheat the oven to 210 C.
Toss the vegetables and chickpeas with the harissa and olive oil in a shallow baking tray. Arrange so that the vegetables are in a single layer or as much as possible.
Cook for 30 minutes until tender and starting to colour.
Add the spinach to the pan, turn the vegetables and make an indent for each egg.
Pour or break an egg into each indent.
Return to the oven and cook until the egg whites are opaque but the yolks still runny – about 5-6 minutes.
Scatter with parsley leaves and a few fresh dollops of harissa if you like.
Serve in shallow bowls either as is or with some crusty bread alongside.