- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2-3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced lengthways
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 x 400g can cannellini beans (sometimes called white beans), drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
Combine salt and paprika and rub into the chicken skin. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook garlic for a minute until starting to colour. Remove the garlic from the pan and set aside. Add the chicken to the pan and cook until golden on each side. Pour over the white wine, chicken stock, beans and garlic, cover and cook for 20- 25 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the beans tender.
Serve with a green salad.
* I find some finely grated lemon rind sprinkled over the chicken is good for adding a lift to this.