Quick, easy and oh so tasty.
Ignore the long ingredient list as it really is so simple and is sure to become a family favourite.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 280g dried round egg_noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup edamame beans
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 2 stalks celery, finely sliced
- 1 cup chopped telegraph cucumber (approx 1.5cm chunks)
- 1/3 cup roasted salted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup salad oil e.g. rice bran, canola
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped*
- 1 kafir lime leaf finely chopped*
- 1 small chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Poach the chicken in a saucepan of simmering salted water until cooked through.
Allow to cool enough to handle and then chop into bite sized pieces.
Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of salted water according to packet instructions.
Drain the noodles well and drizzle with the sesame oil. Toss to make sure the noodles stay separated.
Cook the edamame for 2 minutes in a saucepan of boiling water, drain well.
Combine noodles with remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl or platter and toss to combine.
Mix dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad. Toss again and then serve or cover and refrigerate until needed.
*kafir lime leave and lemongrass add a lovely citrus flavour. If you are unable to get these you can use grated lime zest or a finely chopped lime leaf.