- 125g dried glass noodles
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 1 bunch garlic chives
- 1 bok choy, quartered and blanced in hot water
- 1 Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Asian style dressing:
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- fresh red chilli, seeds removed, finely sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons fish sacue
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm or brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
In a large saucepan bring water to a boil, and then add the noodles. Cook until clear 2-3 minutes, drain and refresh under cold water. Set aside.
Prepare the vegetables. Slice the capsicum into thin pieces, wash and roughly chop the coriander and garlic chives. Thinly slice the bok choy and Chinese cabbage. Toast sesame seeds until golden brown in a frying pan over a medium heat.
To make the dressing place all the ingredients in a bowl or jar and whisk together until the sugar has dissolved.
Place in a large serving bowl the glass noodles, pour over half of the dressing and toss to coat. Add the prepared vegetables with the toasted sesame seeds and toss. Pour over the remainder of the dressing and serve immediately garnished with extra chopped coriander leaves.