- 500g orzo
- 1 tub red cherry tomatoes
- 2 yellow capsicum
- 1 telegraph cucumber
- 1 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 120mls extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Cook the orzo in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 7 minutes or until al dente.
Drain the pasta and place in a salad bowl. Dice the tomatoes, capsicum, olives and cucumber and add to the bowl along with capers, chives and basil.
Crush the garlic and mix in a mortar and pestle with the vinegar, oil and seasoning.
Dress the salad, mix and serve.