The mixture is a most unlikely looking combination prior to cooking but dont fret, when cooked it will be a fabulous change.
- 2 tablespoons sago soaked in 1 1/4 cups soy milk (Soylife lite) overnight
- 1 1/2 cups wheat free fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 dessert spoon golden syrup
- 1 teaspoonn baking soda
- 50 g low fat spread (butter substitute)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups mixed dried fruit
Mix the ingredients,add soda dissolved in a little of the milk last.
Put into a greased bowl and steam for 3 hours.
The recipe above has been supplied by a member of the public and has not been individually tested by Helen Jackson. Helen Jackson does not accept any liability in relation to publication of this recipe.