This salad is great as a free standing salad bowl or as a salad alongside your favourite protein. As a entire dish it is completely satisfying.
- 450g pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2cm chunks
- olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 400g chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sumac
- 1 teaspoon papriika
- 2-3 handfuls rocket leaves
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and diced
- a handful of green or black olives
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- a handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
Preheat the oven to 200 C.
Place the pumpkin in a roasting dish, drizzle with olive oil and then toss to combine.
Bake for 30 minutes or until tender with golden edges. Season with salt and pepper.
At the same time bring 5 cups of water to the boil in a pot, add the quinoa, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until cooked. drain well.
Heat a film of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the chickpeas until golden and crisp. Sprinkle with sumac, paprika and salt and toss to coat. Cook for a further minute and then set aside.
Arrange the quinoa, rocket, pumpkin, chickpeas, tomatoes, capsicum, spring onion and basil in a large bowl. Whisk together the oil, vinegar. lemon, mustard and honey, season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.