- 1 kg pumpkin, peeled and chopped into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 x 415g tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- A large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 100 g feta cheese crumbled
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Tahini Dressing
- 1 clove garlic crushed with the side of a knife into a paste with a little salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp of your best olive oil
- Seasalt and freshly ground pepper
Preheat Oven to 220 deg.C
Toss pumpkin cubes with garlic, spices, olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes or until cooked. Meanwhile make the tahini dressing.
Mix crushed garlic with the lemon juice and add the tahini, and whisk to blend, add the water and olive oil, whisk and season well. Try to balance the tahini and lemon juice, add more olive oil if you need to.
Place the pumpkin, chickpeas, red onion and coriander in a large bowl, pour over the creamy dressing and toss carefully, trying to avoid breaking up the pumpkin. Finally crumble your feta cheese over the top, season and serve.