This tart is so luscious and so super delicious and it will keep your guests guessing as to what makes it so creamy. Yes it is the avocado but in some situations it is best kept a secret!
- 250g Kea Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 200g dark chocolate (dairy free)
- 2 large avocados, just ripe
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- berries and mint to garnish
Line a 22cm loose bottom tart pan with clingfilm, draping it over the edges. This helps with removing the tart later.
Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until crumbs, add the coconut oil and mix to combine.
Press the crumbs into the tart pan base and sides, refrigerate to set.
Melt the chocolate either in a microwave on reduced heat or in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
Mix the avocado, coconut milk, oil, vanilla, maple and golden syrups in a food processor until smooth. With the motor running pour in the chocolate and mix well.
Spoon into the chilled base and smooth the surface. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set.
Decorate with berries, mint leaves and edible flowers.