Prep time 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 ½ tablespoons mild curry powder
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups dried red lentils, rinsed
- 1 litre (4 cups) Campbell’s Vegetable Real Stock
- 400g kumara, peeled and chopped into 2 cm chunks
- large handful baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- warmed roti bread to serve
Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until sofened. Add curry powder. Cook, stirring for a further 1 minute.
Stir in the tomato paste, lentils, stock and kumara. Bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 12-15 minutes or until the kumara and lentils are tender.
Remove from the heat, stir in spinach and coriander.
Serve with yoghurt and roti bread.