- 3-4 large handfuls salad leaves
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 avocado chopped into small chunks
- 125g goat's cheese (or feta), crumbled
- small handful pine nuts, almonds or walnuts, lightly toasted
- handful of croutons
- 4 slices streaky bacon, cooked until crisp and then chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine leaves, strawberries, avocado, goat’s cheese, nuts, croutons and bacon on a large platter.
Mix together the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad just before serving (otherwise the croutons will soften).