Full of fresh spring flavours, this energising salad is lovely on its own or as a side dish.
- 1-2 bunches asparagus
- 2 handfuls shreddedl red cabbage
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- handful roasted cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
Cut the asparagus into thin strips lengthwise.
Toss the asparagus, cabbage, red pepper, onion, carrot, cashew nuts and mint in a large bowl.
Combine the soy, rice vinegar, sesame oil, oil and ginger together and then drizzle over the salad. Toss again.