- 4 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 cup walnut halves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground alspice
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup wheatgerm
- dried fruit of choice (optional)
Preheat the oven to 160 C.
Combine oats, almonds, walnuts, seeds, spices and brown sugar together in a large roasting dish.
Drizzle over the oil and mix well.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring regularly, until the oats are lightly coloured. Add in the coconut and wheatgerm and continue to bake golden and crisp.
Allow to cool before transferring to a sealed container.
* If you add dry fruit then mix it through at the end of cooking.