- 2 sheets (300 g) frozen short crust pastry sheets
- 250 g streaky bacon, chopped
- 4 leeks, white parts only, washed and sliced
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tablespoon seed mustard
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked and thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated tasty cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 200 C.
Line a 28 cm tart pan with pastry and bake blind for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and lower heat to 180 C.
Heat a frying pan and cook the bacon over a medium – high heat until crisp. Add sliced leeks to the pan, lower the heat and cook until tender.
Whisk together eggs, cream and mustard.
Cover the pastry base with sliced potato and then cover with leeks and bacon.
Pour over filling and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes until tart is golden and set.