- 1 butterflied leg of lamb
- 3-4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 10 Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
Place the lamb in a ceramic dish along with the garlic, olives, lemon rind, rosemary, oil and anchovy fillets. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight if possible, turning at times.
Allow lamb to come to room temperature prior to cooking and then barbecue for 15-18 minutes each side depending on the size of the leg and how cooked your prefer it. An average leg will cook to medium rare in 30-35 minutes.
Scatter fresh rosemary over the lamb towards the end of cooking.
Serve with grilled vegetables.