- 1 slice rustic white bread (ciabatta etc…)
- 1 small red onion
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pinenuts ligthly toasted
- 1/4 cup raisins, soaked for 10 minutes in boiling water
- 8 mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons, chopped continental parsley
- 1 egg
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 calamari tubes
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 400g tin Italian plum tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 bay leaf
Heat the oil in a fry pan and briefly fry the bread until golden. Cut the onion in half and mix in the food processor with the bread. Add the pine nuts, raisins, mint, parsley, egg and salt and freshly ground black pepper and mix to combine.
Fill the calamari tubes with the stuffing and secure the ends with a toothpick. Dust with flour and pan fry briefly until coloured. Chop the half onion and add to the pan along with the garlic, tomatoes, wine and bay leaf. Simmer gently for 15 minutes and then serve.