- 1 potato, diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 40g butter
- 1 kg chestnuts, peeled (500g peeled weight)
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 100ml cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sherry
In a heavy based saucepan sweat vegetables in butter for 5 minutes. Add chestnuts and stock and simmer, cover for 25 minutes until nuts are tender.
Pour into a food processor and process until soup is quite smooth. Add cream and gently reheat, add sherry prior to serving.
The recipe above has been supplied by a member of the public and has not been individually tested by Helen Jackson. Helen Jackson does not accept any liability in relation to publication of this recipe.