- 500g chicken mince
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 size 6 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- finely grated rind of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- oil for cooking
Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. With damp hands form walnut sized balls. Place in a single layer in a container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Heat oil to a depth of 1 cm in a large frying pan. Cook meatballs until golden all over and cooked through.
*Often I will colour meatballs in the frying pan and then transfer them to a baking dish and continue to cook in the oven for 10 minutes at 180 C. This way you know that they are thoroughly cooked and you can reduce the heat and leave them for while until required.
Serve with sweet chilli sauce for dipping.