Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- 400g pumpkin, peeled and diced into 1.5cm chunks
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, skin off, chopped into 2.5cm pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil k
- 50g butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 leek, sliced into half rounds
- 2 cups (400g) Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup (125ml) white wine
- 1.5 litres (6 cups) Campbells™ Real Chicken Stock
- 1 cup (100g) 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Small handful chopped parsley
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
Toss the pumpkin chunks and the chicken with a little oil in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the pumpkin starting to colour.
Meanwhile heat the stock in a saucepan.
In a large wide saucepan, heat the remaining oil with the butter over a medium heat.
Add the onion and leek and cook for 10 minutes until the leek has softened. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Add the rice to the pan and cook for a minute or two, stirring at times.
Pour over the wine and allow to bubble and reduce before adding 2/3 cup of chicken stock.
Cook, stirring and adding more stock as it absorbs, for about 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. If the risotto needs more liquid then add a little water.
Stir through the chicken and pumpkin and half of the Parmesan cheese.
Serve garnished with chopped parsley and remaining Parmesan.