Full of the delicious flavours of ginger, lemongrass, garlic, chilli and lime.
This chicken is easy to make and delicious to eat!
- 1 size 16 Rangitikei chicken, chopped into portions
- 2 cloves garlic,, sliced
- 2cm knob fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemongrass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced (or use grated lime zest)
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- coriander leaves and lime wedges
Arrange the chicken in a shallow dish, sprinkle over the garlic, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves and chilli.
Heat the soy, rice wine and sugar together in a small saucepan, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Pour this over the chicken and then refrigerate for at least 1 hour but longer if possible.
Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat, lift the chicken from the marinade and cook chicken until well coloured and cooked through.
About 5 minutes before the end of cooking, pour over the marinade and allow it to bubble and reduce. Turn the chicken in the marinade.
Serve with coriander leaves and lime wedges.