Gail Todd, Food Writer
- 500 g (2 pkts) Portabello mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon flaky sea salt
- 3 tablespoons, finely chopped coriander
- 2 cups grated colby cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
Wipe mushrooms with a damp cloth then mix together the following 5 ingredients.
Place mushrooms into a large shallow dish stalks up and drizzle over the marinade.
Cover and leave to stand at room temperature for one hour turning twice during this time. Depending on their size, the mushrooms may need to be cooked in two batches.2. To cook, place Portabello's onto a flat dish or oven tray, bottoms facing up and place under a hot grill for 4 minutes. Prepare the filling.3. Remove from oven and turn mushrooms over. Using a teaspoon spoon filling on top of the mushrooms, place tray back into oven for a further 4 minutes.
To serve: Remove mushrooms and serve on a bed of steamed rice, accompany with salad leaves and garnish all over with a sprinkling of lemon pepper.
Cooks tips: To bulk up the filling, gently remove stalks before marinating, finely chop and combine with grated the cheese filling.Mushrooms absorb liquid very quickly. Do not leave them marinating any longer than one hour as they will lose their shape and become soggy.