- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 rashers bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 2 teaspooon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 cup plain full cream yoghurt
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- extra parsley and thyme for garnish
Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion, garlic, bacon and mushrooms.
Cool and then combine the mixture with the herbs, breadcrumbs and lemon rind. Add enough yoghurt to make a moist stuffing. Season with salt and pepper.
Place a mound of stuffing in the inside surface of each thigh, fold and secure with toothpicks.
Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook thighs until well coloured.
Pour over the chicken stock, cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Remove the chicken and then reduce the stock until syrupy, remove from the heat and stir through the creme fraiche.
Serve the chicken with the sauce and garnish with chopped parsley and thyme leaves.