- 5-6 medium sized beetroot
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup Greek style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped mint
- 300g Tegel Original Smoked Chicken Breast
- 70g packet pistachio nuts, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- large handful mesclun or rocket leaves
- extra mint leaves for garnish
Preheat oven to 160°C. Scrub and trim beetroot and then chop into 2-3cm chunks.
Place beetroot on a large piece of aluminium foil in a roasting dish. Draw the foil up over the beetroot and pinch to seal. Bake for 30 minutes and then open the foil, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle over cumin and continue to cook until a skewer slides into the beetroot with little resistance. About 15 minutes more in total. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature.
Crush and finely chop the garlic with the sea salt, mix into the yoghurt along with the chopped mint. Taste and add a little more salt if needed.
Slice smoked chicken into bite sized pieces.
Scatter salad leaves on a platter or individual plates, and then arrange smoked chicken slices on top. Pile beetroot on top of the chicken and then spoon over yoghurt and sprinkle with pistachio nuts.
Scatter over mint leaves.