This recipe is completely inspired by Tami Vazey, she made me her yoghurt dip and it was so good that I had to come home and make something similar.
- 500g Greek style yoghurt
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses* (or pomegranate juice)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- salt to taste
Place the yoghurt in a muslin lined sieve with a bowl underneath. Refrigerate overnight.
Combine the pomegranate molasses and currants, cover and leave to infuse overnight.
The next day, discard liquid and mix the yoghurt with the onion, cucumber, mint, walnut and salt. Swirl through half of the currants and then pile the mixture in a bowl and top with remaining currants.
Garnish with mint leaves and serve with toasted pita triangles.
This is also delicious served alongside barbecued or roasted lamb.
* Pomegranate molasses can be bought at some supermarkets and specialty food stores.
Check out our recipe for raw energy salad with pomegranate molasses in the dressing - yum!