This single serve omelette is a lovely easy lunch or dinner.
The flavours are so good and you can vary ingredients to suit yourself.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- small handful shredded cabbage
- 3 green (raw) prawns, shelled and roughly chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dashi
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons tomato sauce (ketchup)
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce Japanese mayonnaise
- crisp fried shallots or bonito flakes
Whisk together the eggs, soy sauce and sesame oil and then mix in the flour.
Mix the cabbage, prawns, spring onions and dashi into the egg mixture.
Heat a film of oil in a medium sized frying pan over a moderate heat.
Pour in the egg mixture and cook until golden and crisp on the base, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook the other side.
Serve the okinomiyaki with a a good drizzle of combined sauces and also mayonnaise.
Sprinkle with the crisp fried shallots or bonito flakes and a little extra chopped spring onion if you like.