- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garilc, finely choped
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, seeds removed and cut into fine sticks
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped coriander root (can use 1 teaspoon ground coriander)
- 2-3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 white fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons flour
- sea salt
Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a saucepan and gently cook the ginger, garlic and chilli until fragrant. Add the capsicum and coriander and continue to cook, stirring until capsicum is just tender. Add the sugar, fish sauce and lemon juice to the pan. Stir to dissolve the sugar and simmer for 5 minutes.
Dust the fish fillets with a little seasoned flour, heat a little oil in a frying pan and when hot quickly cook the fish until golden on each side and just cooked through. Serve fish with capsicum and steamed rice.