- 4 slices streaky bacon
- 2 crisp ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large handfuls mesclun salad leaves
Grill of pan fry the bacon until crisp, cool a little and then chop into small pieces.
Slice the pears thinly, discarding the core, mix the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, sea salt and pepper in a bowl and then toss the pear slices in the dressing.
Arrange the salad leaves on plates and then top with pears and bacon. Drizzle over extra dressing.