- 500g fresh pasta (fettuccine or spaghetti)
- 200g bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- sea salt & freshly ground pepper
Cook pasta in a large saucepan of well-salted boiling water.
Cook the bacon in a little olive oil with the garlic until crispy. Beat the eggs into the cream, mix in the parmesan and season with salt and pepper. When the pasta is cooked, drain it and return into the hot pan, toss with the bacon, parmesan, egg and cream mixture to lightly cook using the heat of the pan and the hot pasta. Serve with extra grated parmesan and a crisp green salad.