- 1 kg beetroot, scrubbed and trimmed
- olive oil
- 1 large red onion
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup thick Greek style yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped mint
- sea salt
- 70g packet pistachio nuts, lightly toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, lightly toasted
Preheat oven to 160 C. Chop beetroot roughly into quarters, smaller if they are big.
Place beetroot on a large piece of aluminium foil in a roasting dish. Draw the foil up over the beetroot and pinch to seal. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer easily slides into the beetroot. Allow to cool.
Crush and finely chop garlic with sea salt, mix into yoghurt along with mint. Taste and add more salt if needed.
Arrange beetroot and sliced red onion on platter, top with yoghurt and then pistachio nuts and cumin seeds.