- 300g round egg noodles
- 300g chicken breast or thigh fillets
- 200g pork fillet
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or rice wine
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornflour
- 200g button mushrooms, sliced
- mixed vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas etc...
Cook noodles in boiling salted water for 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again, cover and set aside. Cut chicken and pork into thin strips. Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce with ginger, sherry and 1 tablespoon cornflour. Add meat and marinate for 30 minutes. Slice mushrooms and roughly chop vegetables. Heat peanut oil in a hot frypan or wok and stir fry the meats for 1 minute. Add vegetables, mushrooms and spring onions and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan. Add 1 more tablespoon oil to frypan and stir fry noodles for about 3 minutes. Return meat and vegetables to frypan, along with the sesame oil and remaining cornflour, mixed with the stock. Transfer to a large serving plate and sprinkle with spring onion.