- 100g dried cranberries
- 50ml port
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 slices streaky bacon, chopped
- 50g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 450g pork sausage meat
- 150g (approximately 1 1/2 cups) fresh white or brown breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs – parsley, chives, coriander
- 100g walnuts, chopped
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
Soak the cranberries in the port for an hour. Fry the onion and bacon gently in the butter, until the onion is tender and the bacon is cooked. Add the garlic and fry for another minute or so.
Cool slightly, then mix with all the remaining ingredients, including the cranberries and port, adding enough egg to bind. Fry a knob of stuffing in a little butter, taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.