- Prep time: 15 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Finished in: 35 mins
Yield: Makes 30
- 200g Regal Cold Smoked Salmon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 400g can corn kernels
- 5 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup soda water
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 200g Soft Goat’s cheese, such as Chevre
- 200g fresh strawberries
- strips of cucumber
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add corn and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in spring onion and cook for another minute. Then remove from pan.
- Place corn mixture in a bowl, add ½ cup pomegranate seeds if using, sift over flour and mix well, then stir in soda water, beaten eggs and season to taste.
- Heat ½ tablespoon of remaining oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Cook tablespoons of the mixture, 4 at a time for 2 minutes on each side or until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer to a warm plate, cover and set aside. Repeat with remaining mixture.Serve corn cakes topped with Goat’s cheese, Regal Smoked Salmon, strawberry slices and curls of Lebanese cucumber.